More Olivia de Havilland Friday Night
Because, hey, you only turn a hundred once, right? Best Star of the Month selection in ages, well done, TCM!
Star of the Month Olivia de Havilland returns to TCM Friday night beginning at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. This second block of de Havilland movies are all 1930s-40s features, so I could put together another Picto-Sked if you like.
Do you like? Let me know, feel free to email or leave a comment.
TCM in July
Whoops, I let the week get away! No big deal though since I've scaled back monthly recommendations to a list of reading links: If a movie has already aired, you might still want to read about it—you might even want to read about it more than you did before you saw it—so I'll include the entire month in the following list.
- July 1, 5:15 am - Captain Blood (1935)
- July 4, 6:00 am - Judge Hardy and Son (1939)
- July 5, The Vanishing American (1925) at 8:00 am, Cimarron (1930) at 10:00 am - Both titles are covered in my Richard Dix biography.
- July 5, 8:00 pm - Stagecoach (1939)
- July 7, 1:30 pm - David Copperfield (1935) with Freddie Bartholomew.
- July 9, 10:00 pm - Downstairs (1932)
- July 10, 11:45 pm - On Approval (1944) (This post is an oldie, I hope it holds up!)
- July 22, 7:30 am - Our Modern Maidens (1929)
- July 22, 4:30 pm - The Nuisance (1933) - I'm shocked I haven't covered this Lee Tracy favorite yet! Danny wrote about it over at Pre-Code.com, so I can give you his link instead. If you like Lee Tracy, don't miss it!
- July 28, 6:30 am - Eleven Men and a Girl (1930)
- July 30, 6:00 am - Government Girl (1943), then 7:45 am Princess O'Rourke (1943)
Fewer than I thought. Kind of a bum month on TCM outside of Olivia de Havilland. But it's Olivia de Havilland, so we'll give them a pass.
So, ODH Picto-Sked tomorrow? What do you think?
I think I'll talk to you then ...