Interviews with Classic Film Writers:
These are a few of my favorite posts on the entire site. I read a book, somehow make contact with the author and then have the gall to ask them if I can shoot some questions over about their work. I want more of these.
- Interview with Mae Murray Biographer Michael G. Ankerich
- Three Bad Men – Scott Allen Nollen Talks About His Latest Book
- 8 Questions for Author Dan Van Neste About The Whistler Film Series
- Talking Boris Karloff with Authorized Biographer Scott Allen Nollen
- Interview with Michael G. Ankerich Author of Dangerous Curves Atop Hollywood Heels
- Interview with Linda Alexander, author of Reluctant Witness: Robert Taylor, Hollywood and Communism
- Interview with Classic Images’ Laura Wagner about her new book
Again, I want more of these--if you have anything classic film related published in book form feel free to get a hold of me for an interview post like those above. I do have to actually read your book to do this, so be sure to have a copy ready to send me if it's something I don't already own.
Thanks for the Kind Words!
"Immortal Ephemera! Loaded with great reviews, articles and interviews (such as with Laura Wagner). Congratulations of such a wonderful site for classic movie lovers." - Charles Tranberg, author of books on Agnes Moorehead, Marie Wilson, Fred MacMurray and the Thin Man Films.
Classic Movie Book Reviews:
This section needs to be bulked up, I really thought I was covering more classic film related books that this! It shall be remedied and this text shall then be changed.
- Sidebar: Walter Huston and the Duke of Crovenay
- Alan Mowbray Book Review: Up from Central Park: Scenes From an Actor’s Life
- Dwight Frye’s Last Laugh – Before and Beyond Dracula and Frankenstein
- Myrna Loy – The Only Good Girl in Hollywood vs. Being and Becoming
- His Warts, Their Warts: The Ragman’s Son by Kirk Douglas
- 39 Classic Movie Stars of the 1920′s and 30′s Interviewed by Michael Ankerich
- Adolphe Menjou’s Wit and Wisdom – It Took Nine Tailors, a Review
- What I’ve Been Reading: Errol & Olivia Plus Some Older Titles
- Review: Warning Shadows: Home Alone With Classic Cinema by Gary Giddins
Cliff's Video Reviews:
I've got to be in the right mood to do one of these, plus have a clean shirt and not too much of a beard. I'm terribly inconsistent in creating videos, though if you ever see a new one pop up be ready for a few more to immediately follow before I tire of the format again.
- UPS Delivers: Video Unboxing of the New Spencer Tracy Biography by James Curtis
- Video Review: Dangerous Curves atop Hollywood Heels
- Video Review – Kay Francis: I Can’t Wait to Be Forgotten by Scott O’Brien
- Video Review – Tough Kid: The Life and Films of Frankie Darro
Other Immortal Ephemera Book Coverage:
These posts could be just about anything book related: non-film books, biographical posts heavily sourced from film books, books about collectibles, really anything book related that doesn't fit in any of the groupings specified above.
- Odds and Ends: Book Notes; What I’m Watching
- Used Book Review: The Story of Cigarette Cards by Martin Murray
- Edward G. Robinson’s World of Art – More Robinson on Collecting
- Interpreting and Understanding Edward G. Robinson on Collecting
- Spencer Tracy Hits the Jackpot at MGM
- Kirk Douglas TCM Star of the Month September 2011
- Alma Rubens – The Tragic End of Mrs. Ricardo Cortez
- Paul Muni’s 1932 – Multiple Projects Converge to Make Paul Muni a Huge Star
- License to Pawn Review – A Look at the New Book by Pawn Stars’ Rick Harrison
- Esther Williams TCM Star of the Month May 2011
- Ray Milland TCM Star of the Month April 2011
- Harlow in Hollywood Authors Interviewed on The Kitty Packard Pictorial
- Greer Garson TCM Birthday Schedule, Collectibles, Flynn and That Forsyte Woman
- Happy 90th Birthday Mickey Rooney, TCM Schedule, Collectible Gallery, More
- DOUBLE DARE: Warren William’s Biographer Tells the Amazing Tale of the Late, Late, Dorothy Dare
- Myrna Loy 1987 Being and Becoming Press Kit
- Complete Robert Taylor TCM April schedule illustrated with vintage movie cards
- W.C. Fields juggling; The Great Man born 130-ish years ago today
- John Steinbeck Adaptations on TCM tonight … Memories from the Source
- Philo Vance on TCM All Day – Here Are the Books
- "I’d Rather Be An Actor Than His Photograph" – Stars from Stage to Film
- Dixie Premiums Checklist by Tom Popelka
- Nabokov’s Dark Cinema by Alfred Appel (1974)
- Great Inexpensive Holiday Gift for Any Magazine Collector That You Know